Postal Strikes! Yikes...



The Canadian Postal Worker’s Union is threatening to go on strike tonight at 11:59 pm EST. The reality of it actually happening is setting in now. There is a chance the strike is imminent, and there is a chance it’s not. We’ll see what pans out. Either way, I’ve put Plan “Alternative Shipping” into motion. My alternative shipping mode will be FedEx, as it is not affiliated with CanadaPost.

How does this affect you, dear customer?

If you’ve recently made an order and your package has already been sent out...
I am very sorry to say that there is a good chance that it could be delayed.

If you place an order, as of today...
Your item has a FedEx shipping rate included with it. Unfortunately it will be more expensive than previous modes of shipping.

If you live outside of the USA or Canada and wish to order a journal...
Shipping with FedEx will be ridiculously expensive, and the best thing to do would be to wait until the strike is over to place an order, or place your order and I will hold it until the strike is over and ship it to you at that time.

Also, for the time being, I am temporarily un-listing my cameos and greeting cards in my shop, since they are small items and the cost to ship them via FedEx is just too ridiculous.

Custom journals will still be accepted. I can either wait to ship them out as soon as the coast is clear, or ship them via FedEx. The choice is yours.

Thank you all so very much for your patience! Hopefully this will all blow over soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment