World Book Day

Mark your calendars! April 23 is World Book Day, which coincides with the anniversaries of the deaths of Miguel de Cervantes and William Shakespeare.

The Bookbinding Esty Street Team (B.E.S.T.) will be hosting a team challenge where members will create books that are inspired by Cervantes and Shakespeare.

I finished my contribution to the challenge - it's a Shakespeare journal, inspired by his love Sonnet #116, my personal favourite. I will be listing it on my shop soon. The first page of the journal features a portrait of Shakespeare, captioned with an excerpt of his beloved Sonnet:


"Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests
And is never shaken;"



This would be a wonderful gift that any Shakespeare fan, bookworm, or aspiring writer would cherish. It, like all my journals, comes with a little "card of interest" containing information about the book (the history of the binding, the type of stitch and leather) - which makes a lovely addition as a gift.



5.5" x 4.25" x 1.5"
400 lined pages (both sides) with handtorn edges
gorgeous deep antiqued cherry cowhide cover



There will also be a 10% OFF - World Book Day Sale on all my Etsy shop items on April 23 --- one day only! So if you're in the mood to go shopping for journals and sketchbooks, that's a good day to keep in mind. :)

3 comments:

  1. hi,

    what i have learnt that world Copright day was celebrated to indulge readers to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journal, Bev! And such a 'Marianne' quote. :) It's a favorite of mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dear Bee.
    Yes, whenever I see that sonnet, I think of S&S. :D

    ReplyDelete