new books, three

I tried my hand at coptic stitch for the first time ever. It was tricky getting used to it, but I enjoyed it. Here is the finished project...a little hardcover book, covered in natural linen bookcloth hand-painted with pussy willows. I finished the cover with antiqued copper decorative book edges.


5.25"x4.75"x1"
natural linen bookcloth
220 pages (both sides), unlined white
antiqued copper decorative book edges


***



And another new oilskin leather journal, trying out a new closure style. I think I'm going to like this one! Very handy!


gorgeous rugged brown oilskin leather
5.5" x 4.25" x 1.5"
400 pages (both sides) unlined white, handtorn edges - opens flat


***



And another mini book - this one even smaller than the first 'mini' one I did. This adorable little journal measures just 3.75"x3"x1", with 220 unlined pages -- the perfect size to slip into a purse or bookbag! I always have one in my car's glove compartment. The cover is a lovely worn looking nutmeg oilskin cowhide leather with wrap around and tab closure. The binding is stitched with natural waxed linen thread, visible on the spine.

5 comments:

  1. I love the new coptic journals! Pussy Willows are a sure sign of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so very nice! Good job on that coptic stitch one. Can't tell at all that it was your first one! It's beautiful. I also like your new closures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, you two!
    You're right - pussywillows remind me so much of spring. I remember getting one stuck up my nose as a little kid. lol.

    These were fun new books, but especially learning the new stitch. I was nervous starting out with the coptic but after the first 2 signatures, I finally got the swing of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! can't wait to see it! my email is my etsy name at the gmail ;)

    ReplyDelete