first batch blues

I made my very first batch of cold-process soap back on Aug. 23. It's just finished curing. Not exactly the shining example I was expecting, but hey, it's my first batch. My friend, April, kindly called it "rustic". I guess it is. :)

Here is the recipe:

Beeswax 56 g
Castor 226 g
Coconut 226 g
Olive 226 g
Palm 226 g
Shea Butter 56 g
water 386.08 g
lye 136.803 g


+ a handful of oatmeal as filler

It's not too bad. My only complaint is that it's not overly bubbly - due to too much beeswax - and it's a bit too soft for my liking (too much castor oil). Also, it appears to have been beaten with the ugly stick. Not exactly pretty to look at. heh! But hey, it's soap ...and it does the job. After all, it's only my first batch. I shouldn't expect too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment